Upcycle your empty 250ml aluminum cans to make these super useful small part organizer trays!
This modular system allows you to stack empty 250ml cans as high and wide as you want, and create a modular parts organizing system.
- This system was designed to use minimal filament and no support material for easy eco friendly printing.
- The system is highly modular, and allows you to build as much small parts storage as you can fit into your work space.
- Re-use aluminum cans that you would otherwise discard!
- Print 4 lattice frames and 6 drawers for each drawer module.
- Remove the tops of the cans using a can opener, and use good scisors to clean up the tops of the cans.
- Use scissors to reduce the overall height of the can (with its top removed) to about 120mm to match the length of the drawer.
- Put a small drop of super glue gel (or similar) or hot gle at the bottom of each trough in the lattice frame to secure each can in place.
- Use super glue to glue (or similar) to attach the lattice frames together.
- Use heavy parts in the bottom drawers to weigh down the base of the system as it is very light. Or better yet, screw the back of the lattice frame to a wall to secure the system.
- Use biodegradable PLA filament.
- Use standard print settings for your choice of filament.
- No support material required!
Thanks for downloading! If you feel so inclined, leave me a small tip, and tweet your storage system to @Dickeyscott1098, or tag me on Instagram at @dickeyscott